Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Join Oops!Backup Beta Program and get v3 for free

Join Oops!Backup Beta Program and get v3 for free

Filed under: Utilities, Windows, Productivity

oopsbackupbetaprogram

I have a fairly serious backup fetish. I don't take data loss lightly, and I do everything I can to prevent it from happening to me. At the moment I am using four different backup strategies and services to safeguard my files -- online storage using several different services and local backup.

In the "local backup" front, Oops!Backup is my chosen solution. Simply put, it is Time Machine for Windows. It's an automatic versioning system for all of your files, with a nice friendly GUI. It runs every hour on the hour, and lets you know your files are protected. Then, when push comes to shove, it lets you roll specific files or entire folders back to a specific time in the past.

It is one of the most useful applications on my system. For me, backup is usually a "set it and forget it" affair; sometimes that can be really bad, like that time I discovered Backblaze somehow didn't back up about half of my stuff. I only discovered it when I really needed it, because restoring from Backblaze is such a pain. By then it was too late.

With Oops!Backup, restoring is so easy I find myself using it about once every two weeks. I just open the interface, navigate to the folder I want to restore, and roll it back. It takes seconds, and it's very handy once you get used to it.

And now the Oops!Backup team is telling me they're hard at work on Version 3. Oops!Backup 3 promises several interesting features, including LAN backup and backup to multiple locations concurrently.

To test version 3, they're running the Oops!Backup Beta Program. Anyone who enrolls in the program will get a complementary license for Oops!Backup 3 when it comes out, and they're looking for 75 lucky testers right now. So if you're looking for a slick Time Machine for Windows, now is a great chance to get your hands on one for free!

Head on over to their website to register, and good luck!

Join Oops!Backup Beta Program and get v3 for free originally appeared on Download Squad on Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read�|�Permalink�|�Email this�|�Comments


Isla Fisher
Kat Von D
Selita Ebanks
Karol�na Kurkov�

No comments:

Post a Comment