Monday, September 27, 2010

Word Domination helps you become a crossword puzzle monster

Filed under: Fun, Education
Quick, I need an eight-letter word that starts with B, and letter six is R! Any ideas?
If questions like this make you draw a blank, Word Domination can come in very handy the next time you're struggling with those last few words of a crossword puzzle. It gave me 97 different results for this particular query, including "bescorch" and "bevatron."
I wasn't really sure what a bevatron was, so I clicked the word. Word Domination then transported me to the bevatron word page, where I discovered that it's a historic particle accelerator. Now I feel a bit less ignorant, because it's more of a proper noun that "just a word." But I guess that, somewhere in the world, a sadistic crossword puzzle author might call for "historic particle accelerator, six letters, horizontal."
Word Domination comes up with more ordinary words, too. The list is sorted alphabetically - not by frequency. The whole site feels very clean, modern, and fun to use. There's a "simple mode," too, which supports the asterisk wildcard (like b*tron) and doesn't make you specify the number of letters that the results should contain.
Their "About Us" page is empty, so I can't tell you who's behind the site, but as long as it works, it works!Word Domination helps you become a crossword puzzle monster originally appeared on Download Squad on Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

NOVELL NETWORK APPLIANCE NETGEAR NCR

No comments:

Post a Comment