Thursday, September 30, 2010

Six kick-ass add-ons that already work with Firefox 4.0

Filed under: Mozilla, Browsers, Lists
I like the new Firefox 4 look; but the add-ons, the add-ons ... why can't they all work?
Instead of posting yet another rant, I've decided to take a more productive look at the issue, and figure out what popular add-ons do currently work with the current beta release of Firefox 4. Here's what I found:

Adblock Plus works perfectly for me; it's one of the add-ons I use every day, all day long (almost like Greasemonkey, which doesn't work for Firefox 4 yet). Blocking annoyances is great, but AdBlock also helps keep you stay under your cap by not downloading bloated ads.

NoScript is a security-related add-on for preventing JavaScript from executing. I don't personally use it, but it's very popular - and yes, it works.
FlashGot is a great add-on for working with external download managers. This is handy particularly since DownThemAll doesn't work with Firefox 4b6 yet.
Download Statusbar - I'm not personally a huge fan of this add-on, but I know of at least one user (in addition to our own Jason Clarke) who flat-out refused to upgrade to Firefox 4b6 until this add-on worked. Well, now it works!
Easy YouTube Video Downloader is another handy replacement add-on. I usually use VideoDownloadHelper, but since it doesn't work, I just might try this add-on.
IE Tab Plus is another potential life-saver: Some badly-coded websites simply don't work with Firefox; I come across this mainly on Hebrew websites, but I'm fairly sure this happens also for English websites every now and then.

I know, that's a pretty short list -- but we'll see more developers bring their add-ons up to speed as Firefox 4 draws closer to release.

For me, no Greasemonkey and no Delicious are deal-breakers, and I still use Firefox 3.6.7 for most of my daily browsing as a result. However, once they become available I can definitely see myself switching to Firefox 4 full-time. Now let's just hope it happens sooner rather than later!Six kick-ass add-ons that already work with Firefox 4.0 originally appeared on Download Squad on Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

HIGH TECH COMPUTER HON HAI PRECISION IND HYNIX SEMICONDUCTOR INFOSYS TECHNOLOGIES

No comments:

Post a Comment