Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cleopatra’s Pyramid: A Great Game to Sharpen Your Mind

Cleopatra’s Pyramid: A Great Game to Sharpen Your Mind
I don’t usually indulge in long drawn games (due to my obsession compulsive behavior).  However, I do like to have games that keep me on my toes and while time away as I am on the train or waiting in line.  Cleopatra’s Pyramid has been on my phone for the last year or so in [...]

Cleopatra's PyramidI don’t usually indulge in long drawn games (due to my obsession compulsive behavior).  However, I do like to have games that keep me on my toes and while time away as I am on the train or waiting in line.  Cleopatra’s Pyramid has been on my phone for the last year or so in my stable of “go to” games for just those short waits.

Essentially, Cleopatra’s Pyramid is a solitaire game.  Eliminate the cards on the table by adjoining it with the numbered card drawn from the deck and you complete the task.  Complete the task and you build a block of the pyramid.  Unlock different pyramid styles as you go along.

The game started as a free App that required you to pay for further levels beyond level 2.  This policy for letting people play the first 2 levels free got GameDuell –  the developers of Cleopatra’s Pyramid – some bad reviews as it wasn’t technically a free game.  So GameDuell launched Cleopatra’s Pyramid HD for the iPad costing 4.99.  This version unlocks 212 levels for uninterrupted playing.

Cleopatra's Pyramid for iPhone and iPad

Cleopatra's Pyramid for iPhone and iPad - Screenshot

I have no adjectives about how mind blowing or addictive this game is.  It’s a nicely crafted game that’s just great to while away 5 or 60 minutes of my time.

Because you need to have some peripheral vision to look beyond the current cards (the next available cards visible), you DO need to be on your toes to plan the cards you wish to use.   If you enjoy solitaire and avoid mindless games, you may just enjoy Cleopatra’s Pyramid (Free on iPhone for the first 2 levels, and $4.99 for the iPad)

This article, Cleopatra’s Pyramid: A Great Game to Sharpen Your Mind, was originally published at simonblog.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment