Saturday, January 29, 2011

About.me adds profile sharing, people search, and a gorgeous directory

About.me adds profile sharing, people search, and a gorgeous directory
About.me, the flashy personal profile site that was snapped up by AOL just days after opening to the public, has added some important missing features. It doesn't matter how cool or useful your profile is if nobody can find it, and all of the additions to About.me make profile sharing and discovery easier. You can now quickly share your profile on your social networks, and browse or search for others' About.me pages.

Since you could already connect your Facebook and Twitter accounts to About.me, sharing buttons are kind of a no-brainer as a feature, and it's actually surprising that they weren't added before the sale to AOL. As far as the new features for discovering About.me users, they're all about the design. You won't search your friends on About.me to find links to all their social profiles, you'll search for them because you want to see what their cool splash page looks like. The directory is the same way: you can browse profiles and check out featured users whose profiles show off About.me's award-nominated design stylings.

About.me adds profile sharing, people search, and a gorgeous directory originally appeared on Download Squad on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:50:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink�|�Email this�|�Comments


No comments:

Post a Comment