Yelp for iPhone has been updated to version 6.0 and brings with it the ability to get inside scoop on which businesses vegetarians love and which ones are popular for certain age groups, and more. You can also add compliments and likes to Tips and the iPad has version has received tons of enhancements.
This update is literally filled to the brim with awesomeness. We're not joking -- we had to get an intern to stand on the top of it just to get it zipped up and shipped to the App Store.
- We're rolling out a brand new business page on iPhone! Boom.
- Support for Yelpy Insights -- get the inside scoop on which businesses vegetarians love and which ones are popular for certain age groups
- Now you can compliment and like Tips on iPhone
- Updated navigation for logged out users on iPhone
- Tons o' iPad Enhancements: Now you can edit business information; add photos; give Useful, Funny, Cool votes to reviews; and send Yelpers compliments for their great reviews.
One of the features missing from this update is that you still do not have the ability to post a review to yelp with the app. You can write the review and save it as a draft, but you have to visit the web to actually post it. I have no idea why Yelp would make such a decision.
Have you spent time with the new Yelp yet? What are your thoughts?