In international Android news, it's been a solid week of update news and IFA leaks. Sony confirmed its release plans for ICS on the Xperia P, as did Motorola with the GSM RAZR and RAZR MAXX. And HTC followed suit with its announcement that ICS would arrive before the end of August on all devices for which the update has been announced (good news Desire S and Thunderbolt owners!) The international HTC One X also got its update to Android 4.0.4, and with it some new menu key options and improved Beats Audio and browser capabilities. Vodafone Australia's Nexus S got Jelly Bean. And spare a thought for Motorola Xoom 3G owners in the UK, who are just now getting their Honeycomb-to-ICS update.
On the IFA front, we saw yet more leaked pictures of Sony's line-up of late 2012 Android products. Press renders of the Xperia Tablet leaked, and we saw even more blurry-cam photos of the LT30p (aka Xperia T). Elsewhere, the Xperia GX and SX went on sale in Japan, leaving international Sony fans wondering about a possible international launch for the GX in Berlin later this month.
And some interesting morsels of Galaxy Note 2 news dropped this week, too, with suggestions from the Korea IT Times that the upcoming 5.5-incher will feature a flexible SuperAMOLED display -- a smartphone first for the Korean manufacturer.
Check the links below for some of the main international Android stories of the past week. If you've got international news, you can tip us at the usual address.
- Black Galaxy S3 appears in Carphone Warehouse inventory system
- Galaxy Note 2 reported to use flexible AMOLED panel
- ICS for GSM Motorola RAZR and RAZR MAXX pushing out to 'select users'
- T-Mobile UK removes tethering for new Full Monty plans, backtracks on 'truly unlimited' data
- HTC announces Android 4.0.4 update for international One X
- UK Sony Tablet S receiving maintenance update
- ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 LTE headed to Germany and Austria
- Sony Xperia Tablet leaks once again, this time press shots
- Sony Xperia GX launches on NTT Docomo in Japan
- Motorola Xoom 3G finally gets ICS in the UK
- Vodafone Australia finally rolls out Jelly Bean on Nexus S
- Voice over LTE launching on South Korean Galaxy S3
- Another leak of the Sony LT30p Xperia T
- Google expands international real-time traffic coverage
- Sony: Xperia P Android 4.0 update coming Aug. 19-25
- Samsung: Galaxy Note 10.1 launching globally this month