Monday, April 30, 2012

Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review

Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review

A new DVR with a never-before-seen feature doesn't come around every day, and if it's the sort of amenity that works in every room of the house, without compromise, then we just have to review it. What would make the list? Try the Dish Hopper whole-home DVR, which can record six shows at once. Of course, there are specs and marketing claims, and then there's real-world performance. Is this set-top box everything we could have dreamed of? There's only one way to find out: you'll have to meet us past the break and take a walk through our full review.

Continue reading Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review

Filed under:

Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review originally appeared on Engadget on Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:00:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink   |   | Email this | Comments


Source: http://feeds.engadget.com/~r/weblogsinc/engadget/~3/u4MZPoI7M3A/

America Movil Amkor Technology Amphenol Anixter International Apple Computer Applied Materials

2 comments:

  1. This makes yet another good review for the Hopper, something I had already known since I was installed back in March. I have yet to go a day without learning something new on the receiver since it was installed and it keeps getting better. I can see the guide needing a little Tweaking, I have had a hard time finding sporting events now and then, but little tweaks will always need to be done. The last update or large tweak even doubled my personal DVR recording time to 500 hours of HD programming, and it added Pandora streaming music to The Hopper. Working at Dish I can see where that would come in handy, people usually tend to like it when they can do things or see things very easily. The best feature on the Hopper so far for me is the Primetime Anytime option, it automatically records the primetime block from the big four networks every night in HD. Since I don’t have to schedule as many DVR timers now, I don’t run into conflicts and pull my hair out. In turn, my wife likes the head of hair that I have growing in now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the Hopper. It has brought peace to a conflicted DVR house because we do not have to decide what to record anymore, no one has to compromise. That is the biggest draw for me, is the Primetime Anytime feature. It will automatically record prime time from the big four networks and give me access to them for 8 days. Now it has gotten even better, as I found out last week when I arrived for my night shift at the Phoenix call center. The Auto Hop feature was released too much fan fare and it has made my PTAT show even better by giving the option of having them skipped by a single button, finally no more dreaming about beef being for dinner.

    ReplyDelete