Monday, October 31, 2011

Eightbit.me is an 8-bit retro avatar builder, will eventually be a game

Eightbit.me is an 8-bit retro avatar builder, will eventually be a game
eightbit.me avatars
If you've started to notice your Twitter friends looking a little blocky lately, it's probably because they've got trendy 8-bit avatars from Eightbit.me. This site lets you create a full-body 8-bit avatar in your own image, from hair color, glasses and facial hair down to the outfit you're wearing. The plan is eventually to let all these personal avatars participate in some kind of game experience, but Eightbit.me hasn't yet said what the game will be.

Facial detail is obviously limited with only a couple dozen pixels to work with for each character's face, so sometimes it comes down to the clothes when you're trying to make your avatar distinctive. That shouldn't be a problem in the Eightbit.me user gallery or in the mysterious forthcoming game, but it's a bit of a pain on Twitter. When all your friends have gone 8-bit, one brunette with glasses looks just like another.

I hope Eightbit.me turns into an amazing game, but I also hope people stop using their 8-bit characters' heads as Twitter icons.

Eightbit.me is an 8-bit retro avatar builder, will eventually be a game originally appeared on Download Squad on Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink�|�Email this�|�Comments


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting post.This is my first time visiting here.i found so much interesting stuff in your blog, especially its discussion..thanks for the post! Avatar Builder Review

    ReplyDelete