Monday, May 30, 2011

0 to 100 Project – The Ultimate Coffee Table Book for iPad

0 to 100 Project – The Ultimate Coffee Table Book for iPad
0 to100 Project is a piece of Art encased in an App.  This App is a photo album (with a twist) with pictures by Sandy Nicholson. Together, we’ve created 0 to 100, a poignant glimpse of the true face of the human lifespan: 101 portraits of folks at every age, from mere weeks to a [...]

0 to 100 project0 to100 Project is a piece of Art encased in an App.  This App is a photo album (with a twist) with pictures by Sandy Nicholson.

Together, we’ve created 0 to 100, a poignant glimpse of the true face of the human lifespan: 101 portraits of folks at every age, from mere weeks to a full century old.


The Project started in Australia and culminated in this App, a PhotoBook, a website, and an exhibition.  As the name of the App suggests, it captures people from ages 1 to 100.  Each page is a portrait with an attached quote.  Some portraits include videos.  The quotes and videos have are interesting statements made by the subjects and should bring a warm smile to your face like it did to me.

0 to 100 Project iPad App

Just when I thought that I can’t do much more with an iPad, I chanced across this Free App to cause me to think about how much more an iPad can be.

You see, I am a serial reader.  I don’t mean novels, even though I have a few on iBooks.  I devour news on politics, current affairs, and tech matters.  The iPad has made it even easier for me to subscribe to and catch up on all matters that interest me.  So much that I have got to limit myself to what I subscribe to in order to balance out my non-iPad time.

The 0 to 100 project is an App to share with family and friends.  Flipping through the beautifully shot photos and reading the attached quotes somehow makes me wonder where we were before, where we are now, and where we’re going to be.  If that does not do it for you, there is always a FaceMaker feature to let you switch facial features, always good for a laugh.

0 to 100 Project iPad App

'0 to 100 Project – The Ultimate Coffee Table Book for iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment